last Weeks on Philippines




Activities on 4th Weeks
Assalamualaikum Warrahmatulllah..
Haii… Hallo… readers!

Finally, this is become my last week after struggle along one months. I don’t know to described my feelings many memories I have got in and I have learned a lot about world of teaching.
During practicum,  my mind always got nutrition about how the real teaching more especially know about how the curriculum in Philippines, the students in Philippines and the teacher also living around Philippines environment, and able to explain Indonesia for my student, it is really kind of pleasure and proud for me to be part of this program to have an opportunity to teach in Philippines that I never imagine before. It was really exciting, awesome, challenging and unforgettable experience. The challenges of this practicum is about language.  So, we always got misunderstanding. To minimize the misunderstanding in the classroom, I repeated what I say and draw a picture on whiteboard about the objectives to help them to understand. Here i described :


Summary and Suggestions


Purposes of practicum
The purpose of practicum is to prepare myself as a student-teacher that will be a real teacher in the future. So I learned much about how to be a good teacher, how to understand the students and the important is how to make the students understand the objectives and manage the classes.

 Procedures of practicum
`            Before joining this program, I was selected by using selection from university. So, since my arrival in Philippines I meet my new friends from different universities and every day we go to the school to teach although we taught in different place, I taught in FEU High School and my another friends Sri Jayati  from Makassar State University and Nurul Ezkanadyta from Indonesia Education University. Procedures of my practicum start with observe the class, so I know the student characteristics; know how teachers teach in Philippines. I set my teacher guide and give it to my cooperating teacher before teaching so he gave me feedback if there are any mistakes on my lesson plan. I was so lucky also because could saw any activities  or program in the school such as foundation day of  FEU, SAILS ( Students Alternative Integrated Learning Session), purpose of this program to allowed the students take another classes and  their interest but its not formal classes. I also given opportunity observed classroom and condition in another branch in FEU such as FEU Cavite and FEU Diliman. So far, I enjoyed all the procedures of this practicum even from the school and from FEU itself.

Outcomes of practicum
The outcome in the practicum is open my mind about the real teaching more especially know about how the curriculum in Philippines, the students in Philippines and the teacher also living around Philippines environment, and able to explain Indonesia for my student, it is really kind of pleasure and proud for me to be part of this program to have an opportunity to teach in Philippines that I never imagine before. It was really exciting, awesome, challenging and unforgettable experience.


 The challenges of practicum
The challenges of this practicum are about language. During practicum, some student sometimes not understand about what instruction I did because that some of my pronunciation  student sometimes cannot understand even students could in English. So, we always got misunderstanding. To minimize the misunderstanding in the classroom, I repeated what I say and draw a picture on whiteboard about the objectives to help them to understand. Besides that, classroom management also became challenges I have to complete the lesson in one meeting with short time and handle the students with different character even me  really realized taught students with different background of culture but i could adaption with them because taught it’s not talking about that, but we talking about know each other and understand between teacher and students.

Suggestions for future improvement
Suggestion for Student Teacher:
I believe that experienced is the best teacher, so during this practicum I have learned a lot and this is just my beginning for became effective teacher. The suggestions for myself I have to improve how to handle and controlled the classes as a teacher, more learn about my major, I should be improve how to make students more excited about objectives with various methods and develop my English skills.




To fully evaluate the students’ performance before and after i taught, I conducted a pre-test and a post-test to the two sections from grade 12 STEM. And I found a significant difference between the pre and the post test. The pre test i given them before i taught, and now to know how far student understand and how far effective or succes i taught them could be seen in post test like this belows:


GRAPH OF SCORES IN THE PRE TEST AND POST TEST IN ELECTROSTATICS
 







 Based on result of the score iwas so happy that, there are significance score before anf after i taught them, even we are in different culture and background and sometimes we got misscomuunicaton in language but they did their best, i was so proud


Suggestion for This Program:
The time allocation of the program must be clearer so then there is no any miscommunication about the date of this program will begin and end also about self report related to blog. The coordinators and SEAMEO also have to give the brief explanation before about this program. 


 
In my last week, I am so lucky given the opportinity to observed another High School Branch of FEU I going to FEU Cavite and Diliman. Every High School has different uniform, also about the strand. In Diliman,  Ms. Lorraine as my CT and Ms. Reg as Executive director accompanied me. I really like the views because its look like so green resident, I love view of football field at there like in USA although its not real grass. That things we could not found in FEU High School Manila, another thing is, FEU Diliman have also Elementary School,Junior High School, and of course college, and some facilities like library still shared with college students,  but FEU High School Manila its not. For senior high school they have 4 Strand like STEM, ABM, HUMS, and GAS but the different is for strand GAS which dominant by sports, so we will be find there some athlete with great achievement. I am also observed lesson activities at there especially of Physics Lab Activities and In that  activities they were introduced about robotics tools and I think this was a great ideas at the high schools. In FEU Manila also has, even FEU High School Manila ever win competition of robotics although FEU High School Manila just operated 2016. One thing that FEU High School Manila and Diliman can succes, that’s was a completely facilities given to the students, so students could explore their talent. For the physics subject , the school gave time for 4 hours. So the first meeting was about  concept in the class and application in laboratory.
FEU DILIMAN















When to the Cavite FEU, I was so excited and surprised by its view. It was so artistic building and really fresh air because FEU Cavite located a little bit far from main FEU. So that’s why we always feel cooled In cavite, I observed accompanied by Ms. Reg as a Executive Director Of FEU High School in Manila.In our way, We shared anything about teaching and She was out of the box thinker, I’m sure.( Thank you so much Ms. Reg). I also observed the classes and some laboratories as I said before every branch of FEU High School have its characterictic it self supported by completely apparatus in laboratories and classes.  In FEU Cavite also have elementary school, junior high school students and college but for strand hey only have 3 strand like STEM, HUMS, and ABM. I have observer to physics classes in laboratories. And I like the way the teacher methods, he taught with some tools and posted on the whiteboard so students could understand then the teacher given them exercises in the lab. So generally every branch of high School we can compared like methods in learning, but overall our teaching will be effective if there are completely tools as the supports, and I think, FEU High School really considering about that.







Komentar